• To log on and post you will need to create an account in the forums even if you already registered on the main Hotness Rater site. These registrations are separate.

Babetrader Change

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
We now allow the ability to set the sell price of the pictures you own. What do you think of this change? Is it good that people can't steal pictures anymore, or was outbidding at a set price a better way of doing it? Let us know!

GentB15

Is the set price feature supposed to only be available on your first page?

When I go to My Pics and scroll down everything after "Load More" I'm not able to change prices.
Happening in both Chrome and FireFox

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
No it should be working on the other pages too. Thanks for letting me know. I will get a fix out for it tomorrow.

El Duderino

Is the set price feature supposed to only be available on your first page?

When I go to My Pics and scroll down everything after "Load More" I'm not able to change prices.
Happening in both Chrome and FireFox
I'm having the same problem.

GentB15

Are you able to add any additional 'Sort By' options to the pages?

It'd be nice to be able to sort my binders full of women by the date acquired as well as date sold.
I'd also like to see an auction won/loss/results section.

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I've been thinking it needs some sort abilities... Love the binders full of women reference :)

pixel

Hi! Any response to this topic is long overdue, yet I find no more appropriate place to offer some feedback.

I started the babetrader game a few months ago, long after the ”set sell price” change and launch of the auction. I quickly learned that images were either unaffordable or undiscovered at 10BTP. For me, the auction was a bliss; here, I could appreciate dynamic nature of a trading game.

When exploring hotnessrater, the unaffordable images pop up very often, because they tend to be the hottest images in the database. This make me very sad; not because -I- cant afford them, but because -no one- can afford them. The sell price is often set beyond the globally distributed BTP. These unaffordable images have become part of an alternative game called “finders-keepers”. I would prefer to see these images participate in a dynamic babetrader game instead.

Considering the above, I think the “set sell price” change shows that you cannot completely trust users to maintain a viable trading game environment.

My feedback includes the recommendation to disable “set sell price”. Alternatively, one could enforce a limit on its range (e.g. max 10-fold change per sale) or allow the user to bid against himself to increase the price

-

A feedback point from another user somewhere on this forum addresses the low incentive to upload new images. “Set sell price” was supposed to encourage that. Perhaps an alternative here would be to keep the uploader forever linked to this image, sharing the rewards of URL-views

By the way, I like the new quest thingy

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I think setting the sell price way too high is their way of saying she is not for sale. Everything was like the auction at one point. Then the complaints were, that they bought her, they shouldn't be forced to sell her. I didn't like how that eliminated trading so I made the auction thing.

I am going to spend more time on babetrader and I have a couple ideas that should give you more to do in the game. One is a stock market type of trade where you can buy/sells shares of girl (not just of the picture) This would enable more than one person to own a stake in that girl.

Maybe some time of maintenance requirement for sell prices too. I haven't really thought this out much. Maybe girls have to be paid on an ongoing basis to stay with their owner. The price they have to paid could be related to their sell price. I would have to increase the per view points earned to compensate and balancing would be tricky but it would force people to set sell prices.

Or maybe have the total sell price tied to your net worth. If you have 1 million points, the total of all your sell prices would have to be under 20 million or something like that. Again balance would be key.

I've also thought about allowing sell prices to gradually decrease if the owner doesn't log in for x amount of time. Something like, every week you don't log in, your sell prices drop 10%.

Or some way that a user can sabotage another. Let's say you like a girls picture and the sell price is high. You could try to bribe her to leave her owner. You put up 20k as a bribe to her. Her owner is notified and has to pay her to keep her. If he doesn't she takes the bribe and leaves.

Just some ideas off the top of my head. I agree that I don't like high sell prices crippling movement. It's more fun if there is a risk that you could lose your most prized pictures.

pixel

Thanks for taking the time to respond. It’s good to know you have plans to develop the game further.

I can relate to the idea of maintenance depending on set sell price. This would stimulate users to think carefully about their sell prices. Once a user runs out of BTP, images could be automatically sold back to HotnessRater one by one for their “price paid” or less.

A maximum total sell price based on net worth sounds interesting too. Though one may carefully consider definition of net worth. Is it available BTP, the sum of “price paid”, the sum of both? And what is the impact if there’s an extreme discrepancy between the two?

A gradual decrease of pricing due to inactivity seems off. The same result can be achieved with maintenance/upkeep/auction fee, and activity rewards via quests.

Stocks and bribes sound like interesting concepts. New things do require a careful implementation to avoid harmful effects on the existing game.

Best of luck!