• To log on and post you will need to create an account in the forums even if you already registered on the main Hotness Rater site. These registrations are separate.

Best dog breed.

lamanlupa

Dogs are known as man's best friend, possibly one of the earliest animals humans domesticated. Among the many breeds of dogs, which do you think is the best in terms of intelligence, playfulness, and all around good looks. What are your picks?

AceTy31

I don't really think that one is above another, but I think that my favorite is a husky. I've always wanted one. They are very self-sufficient. Huskies are also loving and energetic. I mean, I love the old dogs that just lay there, but when I want a dog, I want one that runs around and plays.

Hottt

I love chihuahuas. These small but loyal dogs are the true meaning of man's best friend. I have a family of four of them so trust me, I know. I can't think of another breed I like as much right now.

Susan

I love all animals. I have always been a huge animal lover. My favorite breed of dog though is a bulldog or a pug. I just love those little faces. They are adorable. There are so many nice breeds out there! Even the mutts are beautiful! When you have a dog you will always have a friend!

Wordsmith75

I hate to be wishy washy, but I really think it depends on what qualities and traits one's looking for that determines which breed is the best fit for them. I remember watching a program and it really explained how every breed had "a job" which had been bred into their lineage. So. if someone is looking for a herding dog then obviously that's the group they should seek but interestingly even the so called lapdogs had/have a job and it's to be a constant companion (usually gravitating to one person over another or several.

But to answer the initial question (finally haha)
Intelligence: Border Collie
Playfulness: Any type of Labrador
Attractiveness: Well that's all in the eye of the beholder but personally I'd say Golden Retriever

SavantGuard

I have a dachshund, and my girlfriend has two of them and one Chihuahua/Spitz mix. I love their little faces. Damn, I turn into a little kid when I see tiny dogs.

thash1979

It is a toss up for me. For 8 years, I was a Great Dane owner. He was the best dog I had ever owned. He was always by my side, knew when I was down and out and was always laying in the bed with me at night. This dog was emotionally attached to me as I was to him. He was hit and killed by a car that ran off our road last year. It was hard for my family to replace him. My husband decided to get a Belgian Malinois instead of another Dane. The Belgian Mal is a way smarter breed. This dog is high drive and ready to work more than 12 hours a day. He is a great farm hand on our property. He will amaze anyone with simple commands and tasks that he can perform. He isn't much for a cuddlier, but for being smarter and having more drive, he is the winner.

rainhero

I have never been a dog person, I have always been a cat lover. But if I were to choose I would say a toy dog or a Shih Tzu just because they are so cute, and I prefer the little small dogs to the big ones. I have only pet-sat a dog for about two weeks twice. One was a small dog, kind of looked like a Shih Tzu and the other was a very big dog. They both smelled even though I bathed them every day, I guess I needed a better shampoo, and the little one barked all night. The bigger one was a lot more calm and quiet. I can't say how they were in terms of intelligence though.

AnnaLeisa

I have had a white Boxer for two years now and she is by far the best dog I have ever had. So Boxers are definitely my favorite breed. However, about a month ago I also got a lil terrier mix boy and he is an absolute sweetheart! I think he may be a Border Terrier mix and this is also becoming one of my favorite breeds.

I love my European Retriever. There really is something magical about having a differently colored golden retriever that is just awesome, and the white really matches him! Not to mention he's also very cute and cuddly and is quick to give you love when you need it. Really cute breed and I especially love his eye colors!

Kathyo82

We've had a teacup poodle and he was pretty amazing. Right now we have a teacup Maltese Yorkie and he has got to be the best dog ever. He's great with my kids (ages 6 and 3) and loves to play with others as well.

Hozyboy

I am a man and the only acceptable dog breed one can have is either a bull dog or a German Shepherd.
I definitely go for the bill DPG as my pet.
I like its rugged appearance which is unique and I am sure no one can mistaken a bull dog to any other anywhere.

aquaticneko

I am most definitely more of a cat person. However, dogs are adorable and can be so lovable too. Much more of a best friend than the very independent kitties. For me a Samoyed will always be my one and only love. Had a dear lady Samoyed during my childhood, and I lost her recently. I miss her dearly. I suppose a german shepherd would be a close second as favourite.

I am absolutely a cat lover and have been afraid of dogs since an accident with one when I was very young. Since then, I can only handle being around Beagles. I think that they are really cute and sweet, though they definitely have a lot of energy and will bark a lot if you bring them outside (from what I've seen). Fat Beagles are also the cutest! I think the fact that this is the only breed of dogs that I can handle says something about the breed itself. I think that they are pretty nice, family friendly, and have a lot of energy.