• To log on and post you will need to create an account in the forums even if you already registered on the main Hotness Rater site. These registrations are separate.

Confusion about the top girls/guys lists

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
There is some confusion about when a picture will appear in the top 10 list. There are often people that have higher ratings that don't appear in the list.

People get 'Rated' when they have 6 battles that fall within their rating range. After that the system shows their rating instead of 'unrated'... at that point they still aren't eligible to be in a top list. They need 30 votes within their range before they get flagged to appear in the lists. This is to try and somewhat avoid the lists from fluctuating too wildly....

So if your picture has a high rating but isn't in the list yet, have a little patience, it will show up if it can maintain it's rating. We are also putting those pictures into the queue more often now so they should get rated faster. (However if your picture has multiple people in it or no face, it will get rated a little more slowly just because most people filter those pictures out of the rating options)

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
So I guess we have several options

1) Keep pictures 'unrated' much longer - and not have any idea what their rating is
2) Let any rated picture in the top list and have the lists watered down and jump around a lot. It was like this at one point and we end up with people that just had a few wins get into the list but realistically weren't hot enough to be in the list
3) Just live with it and understand they need a certain number of votes before getting into the list.

I could put an indicator by their rating that shows they are not eligible for the top lists yet I guess....

Any thoughts?

Is it me or are we back to the Top 20 list fluctuating wildly and only having pictures that don't have many votes?

Either way, it doesn't really matter to me, just pointing it out.

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
The number of votes that is required hasn't changed. The pictures that were there a couple weeks ago didn't have any more votes than the ones that are on there now. We were getting pictures that hit around 30-35 and were just staying in the number one position forever because they weren't getting any more votes. It was taking days for the top pictures to get any more votes. We changed it so that the top pictures would end up in the queue some more so they would have to defend their position (which they didn't really have to to do before)

That said, it seems that they aren't being too successful at defending their positions so we might have to raise the number of votes before they appear there at all.