• To log on and post you will need to create an account in the forums even if you already registered on the main Hotness Rater site. These registrations are separate.

Incentives for Voting

cjones

I don't know if you're satisfied with the number of votes streaming onto the platform and if they're keeping up with the rate at which folks are uploading pictures but if not it might be worthwhile to incentivize voting?

(1) Maybe a leader board that shows the number of votes cast by users
(2) Maybe a mechanism to trade "Votes Cast" for BabeTrader points that can be used to buy pictures on BabeTrader?

Just some food for thought!

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
I had thought about BabeTrader points for votes at one point in time but I was a little worried that people would just vote as quick as possible, or set up a script that just repeatedly clicks one of the buttons without ever even looking at the pictures. While it would increase the number of votes, I think it would also decrease the quality of votes.

cjones

Yeah on second thought I'm inclined to agree that material incentives might also incentivize platform abuse.

Another small quality of life improvement would be the ability to Group By person in the "My Pics" page so I can get an overview of all the distinct people I've uploaded.
Or the ability to search for "Anonymous" as a name in the "Filter By" dialogue on the same page.

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah on second thought I'm inclined to agree that material incentives might also incentivize platform abuse.

Another small quality of life improvement would be the ability to Group By person in the "My Pics" page so I can get an overview of all the distinct people I've uploaded.
Or the ability to search for "Anonymous" as a name in the "Filter By" dialogue on the same page.
Yeah I like those ideas