• To log on and post you will need to create an account in the forums even if you already registered on the main Hotness Rater site. These registrations are separate.

Past and Present Music

Which would you vote for or listen to when you need inspiration? Past music or present day music?

I prefer the past; Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley, Shania Twain, who are your old and new favorites?

rz3300

Well when it comes to inspiration, it really depends on what I am needing to get inspired to do. If it is something physically demanding then of course you have to think more in terms of hip hop, and I would say that anything with a good beat would do the trick for me. The classics like Eye of the Tiger and things like that would certainly work too. When it is more intellectual, though, I like to stick with more relaxing sounds and I might choose a Bela Fleck.

Susan

It all depends on my mood. I listen to different music at different times. I do enjoy the 70's rock music. I also enjoy Michael Jackson. I use a lot of his music to work out to. I love music of all kinds doesn't really matter the era that it was recorded in.

hafiz93

I love to listen to both past and present music. For past music I mostly listen to 70's rock. Bands like Led Zeppelin, The Who, Deep Purple, and Pink Floyd are just my favorite. For present music I listen to a lot of post-hardcore nowadays with bands like A Lot Like Birds, Alesana, Ling Tosite Sigure, and Hail The Sun among my favorites to listen to. I do enjoy some music from 90's and the early 2000's music a.k.a my childhood songs. But I'm not quite fond of 80's music. I found it to be a bit cheesy for my taste.

aquaticneko

Some of the songs from the past are really great. Especially ballads. I love listening to them. However, there are times when I simply want to unwind and listen to the present music too. They have far less meaning but are generally catchy and get me moving at times. There's always a trade off too. Sometimes listening to an older song makes me sad to think such a great artist has passed on.