• To log on and post you will need to create an account in the forums even if you already registered on the main Hotness Rater site. These registrations are separate.

Unrated Pictures

Ben W

How come a lot of my pictures haven't been rated even thought they have a ton of votes? For example, one of the pictures I uploaded has 39 votes but still no rating. It seems to be the pictures that have lost against a ton of pictures that show as "unrated". I'd like to suggest that all pictures have a rating once they've been voted on a couple of times. I think that would make it more fun, because I like to see what my pictures are rated.

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
Actually all pictures have a rating behind the scenes, we just don't show it until our algorithm feels that is has enough data to be at least semi-accurate. We could show it earlier but then you would see the rating and think, "really 8.5? no way" until it adjusts to where it should be

Pictures lose their unrated status when they have a certain number of votes within their range.... so if a picture has 30 wins against 5s and 30 loses against 9.5s, this doesn't really tell us much about their rating other than the fact they are between a 5 and a 9.5. In this case our system will put them up against 6s, 7s, and 8s while it tries to pinpoint where they should be.... it doesn't give them unrated status while it still has no idea. And if the voting is all over the place (they could have won against a 9 and then lost against a 7), then our system needs more votes to figure out what is going on.

Last edited: