• To log on and post you will need to create an account in the forums even if you already registered on the main Hotness Rater site. These registrations are separate.

Divorce among Celebrities

pwarbi

It's interesting how you mentioned the children, because I'm sure for them their parents private life being plastered all over the media can work two ways. They'll either shy away from the public eye in the future, or they'll become that used to it that they'll follow in their parents foot steps because it a all they've been used to.

Kelly1

Mоst сеlеbrity mаrriаgеs dоn't wоrk bесаusе оf this vеry simplе fасt: Thе spоtlight mеlts аny аnd еvеrything thаt gеts in its wаy. Wе build thеm up, plасе thеm оn pеdеstаls, аnd thеn wаtсh in аmusеmеnt аs thеy аttеmpt tо livе up tо thе livеs wе'vе сrеаtеd fоr thеm.

chris88

I think celeb marriages primarily don't work because you have two people both really vying to be the best at something, and it's so image driven too...so I think it's that they're often more focused on their careers than making a marriage work. And that's a bit of a recipe for disaster right from the get go.

There are exceptions to that, some celebrities seem to have long successful marriages - but they are the exception rather than the rule, it seems.

A

artyarson

The divorce rate is pretty huge nowadays. And, I'm guessing, it's always been huge. You can pass on your looks and status but it's essential to have great relationship skills. Can't stress this enough.

Kelly1

I think celeb marriages primarily don't work because you have two people both really vying to be the best at something, and it's so image driven too...so I think it's that they're often more focused on their careers than making a marriage work. And that's a bit of a recipe for disaster right from the get go.

There are exceptions to that, some celebrities seem to have long successful marriages - but they are the exception rather than the rule, it seems.
Exactly!

John Snort

The reason celebrities marriages don't last is because most of them never really love each that much in the first place because lust drew them to each other.

There's this pressure to be with someone who is as successful and as there aren't too many people to choose from you end up with someone you think is right for you but realize once you've said your "i dos" that you made a mistake. It's hard for celebrities to find the right person because there are lots of people who want to be with them because they are rich and famous.

Fuzyon

The reason celebrities marriages don't last is because most of them never really love each that much in the first place because lust drew them to each other.

There's this pressure to be with someone who is as successful and as there aren't too many people to choose from you end up with someone you think is right for you but realize once you've said your "i dos" that you made a mistake. It's hard for celebrities to find the right person because there are lots of people who want to be with them because they are rich and famous.
That's the case right now with Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, they fell in love with each other because of lust and now that Angelina has health issues and she's not as bubbly anymore Brad Pitt has distanced himself from her. I know I'm not aware of what's happening "behind the scenes" but this is what I'm grasping.

clair02

There are so many factors that affect celebrity marriages that we ordinary folks couldn't begin to understand. With that much fame and fortune, it just couldn't be easy to try and stay married with all the pressure of having the world's eyes on you. Every little thing that goes on in your marriage becomes public knowledge, and you have to put up with people constantly judging you and expecting you to behave in a particular way. It's just too much.

JimJim28

Their lives are so much more different than ours and they have a lot more things going on such as a hard work schedule and a constant spotlight which hurts a lot of their relationships.

In honesty, I don't think that marriages workout among celebrities for a few reasons. One, celebrities might feel pressured to enter a relationship. After all, they are in front of a public eye, and they might consider that they look bad if they are not always with a partner. Also, they have a higher social class, and in higher social classes like that, it's often seen as proper to marry someone within the class (though there are definitely exceptions). Because of these pressures to marry, a celebrity might not take the time to find someone that actually suits them, and might just pick someone else because they are famous and/or have money. They might not take the time to find true love like others would.

chris88

That's the case right now with Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, they fell in love with each other because of lust and now that Angelina has health issues and she's not as bubbly anymore Brad Pitt has distanced himself from her. I know I'm not aware of what's happening "behind the scenes" but this is what I'm grasping.
I was actually surprised to see this when I woke up...I thought that on the whole since they had been together for 12 years (but only married for two) that they were really standing the test of time there! It looks like I was wrong!

John Snort

Their lives are so much more different than ours and they have a lot more things going on such as a hard work schedule and a constant spotlight which hurts a lot of their relationships.
Aren't they ones who want to be in the spotlight? Most celebrities want to be in the news all the time. Since they have all that money, I'm sure if they wanted, they could find buy some land and live in a rural area where the Paparazzi can't find them. I believe though jealousy also does play a role in ending these relationships. Go out with a hot friend? Your spouse will begin to think you are cheating on them.

chris88

Aren't they ones who want to be in the spotlight? Most celebrities want to be in the news all the time. Since they have all that money, I'm sure if they wanted, they could find buy some land and live in a rural area where the Paparazzi can't find them. I believe though jealousy also does play a role in ending these relationships. Go out with a hot friend? Your spouse will begin to think you are cheating on them.
Good point there about the paps. Would be hard to deal with all the rumor and innuendo, even if there was nothing at all going on. I think once the seed of doubt is planted in someone's head, if there are any insecurities there it can be tough.

John Snort

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowb...nger-and-actor-shamelessly-flirted-at-globes/
SELENA Gomez has become embroiled in the Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie divorce, amid sensational claims THAT picture of her cosying up with the actor at the Globes caused issues in his marriage, the National Enquirer has claimed.

The stunning 24-year-old, who appeared briefly in the film The Big Short with the 52-year-old, shared a picture of herself gazing into the dad-of-six’s eyes as they enjoyed a moment together at the Golden Globes at the start of this year.
It appears that Brad Pitt was cheating or planning to cheat on his wife. Selena Gomez was his new hottie or at least his wife thought so.

A 24 yr old woman thinks a 52 year old man is good looking? I don't believe that.

xTinx

It must have something to do with the nature of their work and the type of lifestyle they lead. The life of a celebrity is too commercialized, oftentimes characterized by excessive materialism and a busy social schedule. If you are not strong enough to resist the lure of the superficiality you are thrown into, you'd get sucked in and lose yourself along the way. No wonder they have a hard time maintaining committed relationships and making an effort to keep them.

xTinx

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowb...nger-and-actor-shamelessly-flirted-at-globes/

It appears that Brad Pitt was cheating or planning to cheat on his wife. Selena Gomez was his new hottie or at least his wife thought so.

A 24 yr old woman thinks a 52 year old man is good looking? I don't believe that.
OMG! I did not realize that picture of Brad and Sel was instrumental to their divorce. I thought Angelina would at least be more understanding about it. Or was there really more to the picture than meets the eye? I am still hoping they can work things out. I feel so disillusioned now.