• To log on and post you will need to create an account in the forums even if you already registered on the main Hotness Rater site. These registrations are separate.

Overrated images

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
Some I agree with. Some I don't. Still when you are talking 9+ category. Splitting hairs between a 9.2 and 9.5 is really, really subjective.

Like I said, if you can do better, let's see your algorithm

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
The pool system is a no go from the start. It is fundamentally flawed from the beginning. There is no way to get that right because of the number of pictures in each pool.

How many do I put in 9.43? How many in 7.7? If you make pool sizes the same, many of the 9s now will be listed as 2s. The whole system would be a disaster.

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
I have given you an extensive description of the pool system, how to populate it initially, and how it would work. If you want more, you have to provide the stuff I asked for.
I have worked in the software industry for decades. I have had BA's give me requirements and details on how algorithms need to work. Never once have they required my database schema. That's a black box as far as they are concerned.

I'm not going to design your algorithm from the random pages of postings just to have it turn out a complete failure and have you blame me for designing it wrong.

If you do actually disagree with some of the pics/matches I posted, then tell me which ones, and generate BotDs to prove me wrong. I'll put up $20 on whichever one you choose.
The pic/matches you posted was just the same old crap. A lost against B and you thought A was hotter... but I had A rated as higher so you were in agreement with it.

Getting some kind of vote validation is something I have had in the process for some time now. It's not the full matchup concept that you talked about but there are things in the works to validate votes. The pool system is a no go though.

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of the Miranda Kerr picture that you think are underrated, I wouldn't have guessed much higher on them. A lot of it is personal preference. If anything I think many of those 'unrated' pictures are overrated

A friend of mine sent me this picture because he thought that she was so hot... like a 10!

upload_2019-4-16_17-31-7.png

I would have given her a 7... that is a 3 point difference based on personal preference and you are splitting hairs between 9.2 and 9.5

First of all, it is ridiculous to care that much. Second of all, there are some updates coming to the algorithm that should tighten things up.