• To log on and post you will need to create an account in the forums even if you already registered on the main Hotness Rater site. These registrations are separate.

Babesrater.com cannot be opened in China

KillAll

Before March, this problem didn't exist while something went wrong after that. Without a proxy tool I can't visit babesrater during the last month. However, hotnessrater and celebrityrater are reachable.
I supposed it was blocked by the firewall run by Chinese government at first, but if so, I won't create the thread here. With the little flow from China, the government would surely ignore it. Then I found the IP address of babesrater were 31.13.86.1 and 75.126.124.162 several days ago. 31.13.86.1 is facebook and 75.126.124.162 is sl-reverse.com. I know facebook is blocked in China but sl-reverse seems to be blocked too. Please help.

KillAll

It's still down and I have to use proxy tool to reach it. My proxy tool isn't stable at all:(
The DNS returns different IP addresses every time I use nslookup command on babesrater while hotnessrater and celebrityrater are not. The IP addresses include facebook, twitter and many other internet operators. None of them can be reached by ping command. Maybe they are all blocked by the great firewall exactly but I have no idea why the three websites have such differences.

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
Yes it looks as though most of my Chinese traffic was killed off.

upload_2019-5-9_12-46-27.png

I'm not sure how they do this but if it is just through DNS, you can add the following to your hosts file and it could fix it (need to restart browser after editing the file)

23.94.156.7 babesrater.com

The hosts file can be found at: c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

KillAll

After I added it to my hosts file, babesrater.com is redirected to hotnessrater.com. Nslookup command indicates 23.94.156.7 is hotnessrater's IP address. Maybe you reminded me the two websites have the same IP but only babesrater is blocked by keyword filter or something else. If so, we have nothing to do about that. I understand adjusting your servers or codes only for Chinese isn't worthyat all.

KillAll

Now I've made it. Babesrater is targeted by the great firewall by polluting its DNS result even when I was using Google DNS or other international DNS. 23.94.156.7 isn't babesrater's IP address indeed. I've already forgotten the correct IP but with DnsCrypt, the DNS can return it and the website can be opened. Thanks for your help.