• To log on and post you will need to create an account in the forums even if you already registered on the main Hotness Rater site. These registrations are separate.

Best Stand Up Comic

lamanlupa

Stand up comic, insult comic or whatever they are called sometimes. These people are seriously funny or at least most of them are. I'm an avid fan of Louis CK and Greg Proops, to me their material is great and worth mentioning. Most of their material comes from personal experiences especially Louis. Greg on the other hand is a well-read comedian that is obvious when it comes to his comedy, it's brilliant but sometimes full of psychobabble and whatnot. How about you, who are your favorite stand-ups?

AceTy31

I love Gabriel Iglesias and Robin Williams. I also like Eddie Murphy's early stuff. I may be the only person who likes Elon Gold. Ooh, and Joey Medina. I saw him on the Latin Kings of Comedy.

Susan

Robin Williams was truly in a class of his own. I loved him and miss him so much. Sad that things ended the way that they did. I remember watching Jim Carey doing stand up when he first started out. He was hilarious. I knew even way back then that he was going places. He is so bizarre and extreme which makes his acting over the top and entertaining. Howie Mandell was also an awesome stand up when he use to do the whole Bobby routine. It was awesome!

My favorite stand up now is Danny Bhoy. He is so funny and his Scottish accent just add to it! He is awesome. I would love to see him perform live someday.

lillismommy

I am definitely a die hard Kat Williams and Kevin Hart fans. They are hysterical and also very truthful! Plus they have a lot of relate able things to say. I not being a big fan of a lot of woman comedians have also fell In LOVE with Liza Shelsinger. She does a skit called War Paint. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard before. Definitely worth the watch!

hafiz93

My favorite is also Louis CK. He's very funny and also his material is quite clever at times. I have watched almost all of his 1 hour specials and I love every single one of them. Another stand-up comic that I really like is Godfrey. He's absolutely hilarious and also quite good with impressions. Some of the impressions that he's done are Barrack Obama, Denzel Washington, and Jason Statham. The only problem that he has is that he recycles jokes way too often. He's not quite famous so maybe that's why he tend recycle jokes so much, because he knows that he can get away with it.

DiamondDave

I always liked the late George Carlin. His comedic style was very unique and different from anything else out there. I also think the late Rodney Dangerfield and Andrew Dice Clay were/are talented. Of course, the last ones were less intellectual than Carlin, and last two had the same comedic style. As of now, I haven't really enough attention to the stand up comedy scene to know who is good now.

Finally, I think Jeff Foxworthy was a good stand up comic, but he's playing into the typical south USA bashing which is cliche and gets old.

rz3300

My favorite all time has to be Mitch Hedberg, and it was a shame he had to go so young. Brian Regan is also hilarious, and he is clean too which is nice because you can listen to it with the family, and you do not lose anything either, trust me. I might actually have him as my favorite, but Hedberg was just so classic and fit a certain lifestyle I used to have. Good stuff, and thanks for sharing.

My best stand up comic is Seth McFarlane, I find him extremely talented, he's a great voice actor, one of the greatest creative minds, he created my alltime favorite tv show which is family guy and yeah, I may be biased here but I love him. I find him attractive physically too.

clair02

Kevin Hart for me. His humor is right up my alley. I have seen every single recorded show and movie of his and I've never been disappointed. Kevin just knows how to make people laugh in a way that no one else has ever done as far as I'm concerned. Plus, I love the fact that he took a potential challenge, something that others would perceive as enough to stop them from going after their dreams, and turned it into an opportunity, then used it to create a wonderful life for himself and his family.

bms00

Bill Burr, both his stand-up and his podcast. Some of his old material was a little repetitive with the anti-feminism stuff, but he's mellowed out with marriage and is doing his best work now.

xTinx

I am not really into stand-up comedies but there are a few comedians that have earned my respect over the years after I saw their stand-up videos. First would be Ellen de Generes during her hey days. She's really funny. I couldn't stop myself laughing. I also like Chris Rock's sense of humor. Though Kevin Hart annoys me sometimes whenever hosts like Conan and Jimmy Fallon interview him, his stand-up skits were awesome.

clair02

I am not really into stand-up comedies but there are a few comedians that have earned my respect over the years after I saw their stand-up videos. First would be Ellen de Generes during her hey days. She's really funny. I couldn't stop myself laughing. I also like Chris Rock's sense of humor. Though Kevin Hart annoys me sometimes whenever hosts like Conan and Jimmy Fallon interview him, his stand-up skits were awesome.
Ellen is on my list of favorite comedians, too. She's definitely my favorite female comedian. Even when she's not trying to be funny she's funny.
And those dance moves, OMG. I like how she never takes herself too seriously. Too bad about what's going on in her love life right now. She deserves to be happy after spending a lifetime making other people laugh.

hzan

Kevin Hart to me is the funniest. Did you ever laugh so hard that your face starts to hurt and tears start to come from your eye's? He is a person that does not have to say anything he just makes me laugh. You know a person has talent when every thing that comes from his mouth is funny.