• To log on and post you will need to create an account in the forums even if you already registered on the main Hotness Rater site. These registrations are separate.

Do you think cartoons nowadays are weird?

rainhero

I don't know, I think cartoons of old age are just as relevant as cartoons are supposed to be these days. I was just thankful that they weren't depending on being disgusting or gross to make something funny as they do nowadays. But companies like Disney still do release some awesome quality animated films, I do agree.

aquaticneko

I definitely think that its we as a person that grow old. I mean I used to watch spongebob as a little kid. Just the other day I was babysitting and watched it with a little girl. Its definitely has a more deeper meaning occasionally. That is, for the older cartoons. Nowadays the more recent cartoons is usually violence related and cater more to the trends in society.

It does kind of make sense doesnt it? That cartoons would grow along with the generation. If it didnt then cartoons would still remain old!

morgoodie

I definitely find cartoons nowadays being very strange and basically ridiculous. I realize we had some mindless cartoons back when I was a kid but at least the characters resembled the animal or person that they were supposed to be. Not like some of them today that my kids watch and do not understand why they like it. The characters are disgusting and the violence in them is bad. I try to limit how much TV they watch but these kind of cartoons are everywhere.

Theboysmom04

I like today's cartoons. It's as though they know us parents will have to watch them time and again so they hide stuff in them only we'll understand.

hafiz93

I whole-heartedly disagree with this. Cartoon characters have always been weird looking whether it's 90's or 00's. For example look at Ren & Stimpy. I enjoyed that show but that show and the characters were far from normal if you ask me. And how about shows like Aaah!! Real Monsters, CatDog, and Ed, Edd n Eddy? I can go on but I'm just naming shows from the top of my head right now. The thing is, this is not a bad thing. Cartoon has always been like this and that's what makes them fun and enjoyable.

spence88

Well, what do you mean by nowadays? When exactly? In my opinion, cartoons have been weird ever since, although for the past few years, they have been weirder. Not that there's anything wrong with it, it's weird in a good way I guess. But only for a few. There are some cartoons that are better that way, but for most it's not. If we're talking about American cartoons, I find most of them both getting weirder and more unbearable to watch. Pretty much agree with @Elimination here.

aquaticneko

Well, what do you mean by nowadays? When exactly? In my opinion, cartoons have been weird ever since, although for the past few years, they have been weirder. Not that there's anything wrong with it, it's weird in a good way I guess. But only for a few. There are some cartoons that are better that way, but for most it's not. If we're talking about American cartoons, I find most of them both getting weirder and more unbearable to watch. Pretty much agree with @Elimination here.
Cartoons used to be about teaching morals. SOME anyway. They used to try to show kids what can go wrong if you don't do certain things. It used to atleast teach you things. Nowadays, it's either incorrectly teaching violence or giving bad influences. Not to mention the crazy stuff.

Jub

Its probably different (and worse) for two reasons:
Cartoons are made in a way that cut production costs - usually by using gerneric components that can be animated on a computer

They've dumbed down when they had to become politcally correct - 90s Marvel cartoons are smarter and grittier than to 2000's ones