• To log on and post you will need to create an account in the forums even if you already registered on the main Hotness Rater site. These registrations are separate.

How do Celebrity Moms manage?

I can't help but wonder how celebrity moms manage with their celebrity daughters. Is there a moment when the daughter plays diva and is grounded?

Take Jada Pinkett Smith and her daughter, Willow Smith as examples; how do they cope and who is usually the diva? Anyone wondered as well?

I do wonder about that a lot. The only thing that I've managed to come up with is money-- they can literally pay for someone to take care of their babies as they are working themselves. It's handy but it's hard, since they won't see their kids as much. Also, I heard that some of them take children with them on filming trips to live in hotels and stuff with their nannies.

Theboysmom04

I think the celebrity moms who manage well show it through their children. Those children are rarely in the news and very well behaved. Others who have had their kids raised by nannies and what not are typically the ones in trouble and on the news a lot.

aquaticneko

it really depends on the parent. For instance, Jada and Will claim they do a free style kind of parenting where the kids are on their own. I can't remember where but they stated this on some kind of talk show. Other kids usually have nannies and babysitters. These celebrity kids seem to have less interaction with families since busy lifestyles and such. This is broadly speaking of course, i'm sure there are a few who really care for their own kids.

obliviousme

A good mom would still supervise their daughter like any mom would regardless of their celebrity status. I think they should treat them as regular kids otherwise those daughters might as well move out and live on their own if they mom are so lax about anything regarding their celebrity daughter. Maybe the rules for celeb daughters will be a bit different but it's the same principle.

I have wondered this, too. A lot will depend on how the children were raised prior to entering show business and what kind of relationship the parents have with their children currently. And if the girl is a minor and wants to play Diva, her credit cards can be revoked.

janemariesayed

I think that most children with celebrity parents have had nannies or some kind of home help to bring them up. I still think that those parents have helped their children in the upbringing. Just because the parents are celebrities doesn't mean that the children get away with everything. It can be the same as a child being brought up by a middle class family, working class or poor family. We all get grounded at some point if we do something we know to have been wrong.

clair02

I think that most children with celebrity parents have had nannies or some kind of home help to bring them up. I still think that those parents have helped their children in the upbringing. Just because the parents are celebrities doesn't mean that the children get away with everything. It can be the same as a child being brought up by a middle class family, working class or poor family. We all get grounded at some point if we do something we know to have been wrong.
I agree with you on that one. It makes no difference whether the parents are rich, poor, middle class or super-stars, kids will always be kids and there will always be need to ground or punish them. I do think however that the rules might be just a little different for celebrity moms and their kids. Of course there is no way of knowing for sure, but when you think about it, when we were naughty, our mothers used to send us to our rooms because they knew we'd be bored silly there... Do you really imagine a celeb kid being bored in their room? So you'd have to think of another way to punish them.