• To log on and post you will need to create an account in the forums even if you already registered on the main Hotness Rater site. These registrations are separate.

Major Turn-off

There are people we crush over and when we have the opportunity to meet them, something turns us off immediately and we begin to wonder how on earth we could ever have fallen for such a person.

What has your major turn-off been if you have experienced this?

Ladyferoz

Someone who cannot hold a conversation. I hate having to ask all the questions, it feels strained and forced. I believe if you do not want to chat with someone, simply do not say hi instead of answering with "ok". . If you don't make an effort to hold a conversation I assume you are not intelligent

rainhero

Someone gross, that thinks good humor or non-etiquette is farting, belching, or picking their nose. Also, someone who doesn't respect your family. That's just one thing. There are others.

I think my biggest turn-off is if a person smells bad. I'm a person who likes different scents and owns way too many fragrances, so I want that other person to take care of his hygiene/smell as much as I do. Also, bad manners are horrible as well as being a pig. You could also say that I kick "fuckbois" on their butts as soon as I see them trying to approach me.

AnnaLeisa

My biggest pet peeve is raunchy language. Nothing can make a person, celebrity or not, look ugly to me more quickly than hearing a lot of bad language come out of their mouths during a conversation. I once dated a guy who liked to drop the f-bomb pretty much every other word. Needless to say, I was done with that real fast. This is to be expected from teenagers, but I'm an adult and if you're going to talk to me, do it respectfully.

Theboysmom04

A disrespectful person is a huge turn off. It's ok to cut up sometimes but for God sakes learn when it's time to put on your manners pants. Don't be running around swearing and speaking like you're ignorant in the work place our in public.

hafiz93

A disrespectful person is a huge turn off. It's ok to cut up sometimes but for God sakes learn when it's time to put on your manners pants. Don't be running around swearing and speaking like you're ignorant in the work place our in public.
Yep, I agree with you. I don't mind a really talkative person, but I just can't stand a rude person. A rude person is such a turn-off for me no matter how pretty they are. If you're tired or don't have time to talk then just say so politely, don't need to disrespect or insult another person because of it. There are also people that think being rude is cool when it's clearly not.

aquaticneko

A big turn off for me is someone who would be ignorant or rude to either me, other women or people in general. I cannot stand immature needy behavior that demands attention be a grown up dammit.

A

artyarson

Stupidity. And smoking, If it's done every 10 minutes. Really hate it.

I guess when someone starts to gain lots of weight to the point you hardly recognize them anymore.
Example: Val Kilmer or River Phoenix.

But if I think about it the other points that were mentioned in here, such as being rude to people, is also a big turn-off because it totally changes the way you think about them.

Susan

A big turn off for me is somebody who is too into themselves. Confidence is a turn on but being over confident is a turn off. I don't like somebody who is cocky or rude.

I have definitely experienced this! Once there was a boy who I was very attracted to. He had a round face, combed hair, and a very attractive smile. Him and I went on a date together, and in the middle of the date, I was talking about something and then he was like, "Sorry, I'm not really paying attention to you right now, because I'm staring at your breasts." Needless to say, that was the last date we went on.