• To log on and post you will need to create an account in the forums even if you already registered on the main Hotness Rater site. These registrations are separate.

No links at all

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
Weird, this pic has no links at all.

http://babetrader.com/picture/1952428/jessica-alba

Another weird thing, I entered a different address but was sent there. Happens a lot. If there is no pic at a particular number, why not get sent to the nearest pic?
It wasn't approved yet.

The nearest pic as defined by what? We send you a picture of that person so it is at least somewhat relevant still. (or try to match the name)

It wasn't approved yet.

The nearest pic as defined by what? We send you a picture of that person so it is at least somewhat relevant still. (or try to match the name)
The nearest pic numerically. The only way to end up on a pic with no link is by entering the url in the address line.

Searching by address is often more effective than trying to walk a list sorted by hits or rating. Both those change on the fly, leaving you to see the same pics you saw before. Entering sequential pic addresses avoids such time-wasting behavior.

It seems odd to me that there are so many gaps between pics. I can understand variable gaps between groups of pics, but I often find gaps between each individual picture in a group, that is strange. Is it the result of combining duplicates?

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
It seems odd to me that there are so many gaps between pics. I can understand variable gaps between groups of pics, but I often find gaps between each individual picture in a group, that is strange. Is it the result of combining duplicates?
Duplicates, unapproved, deleted... could be a number of reasons

That was unapproved... and the only way you are finding those is by manipulating the url, right? I'm not exactly advertising that they are available.
Right. It's easier to find unbought pics, or pics I haven't viewed. See, many girls have pics added at different times, so they have different number groups. In the past they tended to get bought in groups, because the new pics were unrated, and so easy to find. So, when I find several pics with similar numbers that are unbought, often as not the new group of pics didn't get noticed, and so are all mostly unbought. So by walking the URLs I can find a higher percent of unbought pics, avoid giving viewership points to random people (at least somewhat), and save me time.

Also, when I have bought what looks like most of the available pics, I explore the holes in the numbers (I bookmark all pics I buy by number in one or more folders for each girl, so I can find my own pics, since there is no search ability except Load More) to find any I missed.

Finally, using the Next/Previous buttons is problematical, since the images are sorted on changeable numbers.

It would be sooooo nice to have Next/Previous buttons on the babetrader screen, and even better, Next Unbought/Previous Unbought.

They don't change that often that it should be a problem
Well, there are situations where they do. Consider what happens when there are a lot of pics in a list, say 4-8000. There can be over 100 pics at a particular rating value. A change to any one of those pics can reorder the list. Walking long lists like that can take a lot of time, change is likely. I've found myself running across the same pic 5-6 times in an hour just hitting the next button, as I buy and bookmark pics. Having a bunch of pics close to the same rating creates a volatility to list order that I don't think you fully appreciate.

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure if I found the last pic in a group or not, because I keep getting pics for an unapproved set, even 200-300 pics above this one, although I didn't check each number. Can you tell me the first active image numbered above this one?

http://babetrader.com/picture/5378054/park-soo-yeon
There are a few pictures here and there but it isn't until 5378914 that we start seeing groups of active pictures