• To log on and post you will need to create an account in the forums even if you already registered on the main Hotness Rater site. These registrations are separate.

Rating changes

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
What would happen to their ratings if the result of the 1-1 matchup were flipped by hand?
Not a whole lot. I just flipped it and they both changed by 0.01

Now if I had done 10 vote match ups instead, flipping a single close match like that would have had 10 times the influence since we would have 10 times less data points used in the calculation

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
ANNOUNCEMENT

Big change everyone. This is still being edited to reflect across the site and let me know if you find any straggler rules that dont reflect it, but we are changing the way that threads are rated. Instead of having a scale that changes based on rank, every character can receive up to 4 points, regardless of their rank. This is a big change to the rate that characters grow, and we will keep a close eye on it to see if it becomes a problem.
I have no idea who this is, but he has nothing to do with the site and certainly is not in a position to be making announcements... really, wtf is this nonsense?