• To log on and post you will need to create an account in the forums even if you already registered on the main Hotness Rater site. These registrations are separate.

The new homepage

El Duderino

I miss the old Top 20 list. Hotness rating kinda gets lost in the sea of ads, and, as much as I love her, I can't imagine that anyone other than Carla Ossa will be taking up prime real estate in the top right corner of the homepage for a LONG time. Why not do a contrasting color horizontal frame at the top of the page for Hotness Rater, with at least the Top 10, and then let everything below it go vertical in three frames? Maybe do a "trending" girl for the hottest-of-the-hot-right-now based on the Babe Trader 24 hour views?

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
I was wondering how it would work with eliminating the top 20 off the front page. There was a push to display articles on the home page without having all the details there. (We are looking to get more article content) Like any other website, you normally get one image for an article that takes you to a link that gives you more details. In this case, taking you to the top 100. Part of the reason for this was that a top list on the home page was a lot to scroll through on mobile to get to the next item.

I am curious as what you liked about the top 20 being on the home page as opposed to now just clicking it and getting the top 100?

So I think a horizontal frame across the top would work well on the desktop, I'm not sure how that would translate to mobile. Just curious, what kind of device do you usually view the site on?

I think these are good ideas that needs some more discussion to figure out the details.

I'm thinking of maybe putting the top 20 back on the home page but having all but the top picture hidden until the user clicks some type of expander which would load the other 19 girls into that same box without taking you off the page. That way you could get to them without leaving the home page but still have the ability to just scroll past them easily on a mobile device.

Also maybe a couple other lists in that same style like Hottest Actresses, Hottest Models, Hottest Musicians... and maybe just a random Hot Chick. I like the idea of a trending picture too... if it's not always the same picture. We don't want it to always be Amanda Cerny.

What do you think?

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
Also I was curious about the "sea of ads". When I bring up the site, other than the initial header ad, I'm really only seeing these two ad content areas. There are a couple more as you scroll down but this is the most ad dense part of the page. Do you think this is over doing it?

Or are you considering the other external articles that get linked as ads.... referring to the ones from lurkandperv, regretfulmorning, etc. Would you rather not see those articles? They aren't ads and we mostly just link them in because they have decent content and we don't have a ton of content on HotnessRater really. Would you rather see those external links go away? What do you think of us even having articles?

hotnessrater-screenshot.jpg

El Duderino

I'm almost always viewing this site on a desktop.

I think you've kinda "buried the lead" of your site. You've blended the uniqueness of your site in with all the links for other sites. And, as with Playboy, I never felt that the articles were the main draw to their publication. I would imagine that most people come to a site named Hotness Rater to see some pics of ridiculously hot girls they might not have heard of. That's why I like the Top 20 list. It's always changing and a quick view of the best pic of the top girls without all the additionals of the ingrained top girls. This is also a very interactive site. I think you should be doing everything you can to get people to click the Rate Hot Babes button. And always provide new content. There are plenty of hot girls out there and they're making more everyday.

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
Top 20 are available on the home page again. It's a little different though just for ease of scrolling to other things but you can bring it up pretty easy