• To log on and post you will need to create an account in the forums even if you already registered on the main Hotness Rater site. These registrations are separate.

Throttling

Does the babetrader server throttle you if you have a lot of activity? It seems to me that when I'm doing a lot of looking at lists and shopping, that it will stop displaying images. The pages load, but with a placeholder box rather than the picture. After an hour or so the problem goes away. If this is the case, please turn it off, or raise the threshold, it is interfering with gameplay.

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
I am cleaning up a lot of files on disk right now (last few days). You might be running into an overloaded drive

I doubt it. When I look at a lot of pics on babetrader, it stops giving me pics, I've posted about this before. After 30-60 minutes it just starts giving them to me again, looks like throttling from where I sit.

What site / page do you notice this on? Are you still on the ipad?
Babetrader. It happens on both ipad and desktop, simultaneously and identically. It lasts for one hour. It happens when my usage is very heavy, like paging down through all 1000+ auctions, while looking at lots of listings, or when looking through pages and pages of a user's pictures. When it ends on one computer it ends on the other at the same time.

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
Its just the images that aren't loading? Does it happen on the other sites when it is happening on Babetrader?

Just the images. As I said, I get a placeholder box. I can click the box, and go to hotnessrater or baberater and see the pic, it is just babetrader that won't give me the image. It really slows me down, cause auctions with no pics is a bummer. Same for looking at a user's pics; for instance I've been buying a lot of <NAME REDACTED> pics lately, I click on the link from the scoreboard. The list comes from babetrader, and I get boxes.

Last edited:
There, I emailed you 2 screenshots of what I get when it starts. It lasts about 1 hour 3 minutes, it did it again to me a couple hours ago.

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
Well its not rate limited. Babetrader uses the same image server as the other sites. If it was stopping you from seeing them on one site, it would stop you from seeing them on all of them

Well its not rate limited. Babetrader uses the same image server as the other sites. If it was stopping you from seeing them on one site, it would stop you from seeing them on all of them
Maybe your image server is throttling baberater.

I can't tell that atm, my IP address is the same on both computers, even when I am logged in as different users. I know that because I can only add one view per day to each pic.

I guess I could create another account, and drive over near the hospital and use their free wifi to see if the image problem is across the board simultaneously.