• To log on and post you will need to create an account in the forums even if you already registered on the main Hotness Rater site. These registrations are separate.

What super hero cartoons did you watch as a kid?

lamanlupa

I'm an old guy now, almost turning forty but I still remember the cartoons that I watched as a boy in his early teens. I grew up in the 1980s, when the boom of superhero animated cartoons was at its highest. I remember the titles like Thundercats, Silver Hawks, Mask, Robocop the animated series, The Centurions, Inhumanoids, Visionaries and many, many others. Transformers, the first generation is still the best Transformers for me. Some of these animated superheroes had toy lines as well, happen to own a few and I keep them for nostalgia. I got a daughter of my own now, but I don't think that part of me will ever grow old. What superheroes did you watch as a kid/teen?

Susan

As a child I always watched Spider-Man. Saturday mornings wouldn't have been the same without Peter Parker. We never missed it.

Hottt

I loved watching pink panther. I still watch back issues of the cartoon and laugh at the long thin character who will stop at nothing!

Greedo

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and The Real Ghostbusters were my three favourite cartoons as a kid, in that chronological order. I, like you, also watched Transformers which was awesome. I also watched X-Men, Spider-Man, etc. so I have a feeling a lot of us are of the same generation, hehe.

Wordsmith75

Ha, I just turned 40 in June, so I hear ya guys. Oh man I watched so many between after school and Saturday mornings. The Justice League is one of the first one's that comes to mine. Then there was He-Man, Thunder Cats, Spiderman. Transformers, Vultron Go bots----Jeeze the list goes on and on... Funny I even remember the other "super heroes" like Mighty Mouse and Underdog... man I miss those days must be my midlife crisis kicking in haha.

AceTy31

I was born in the mid-80s, but when I was growing up, some of the networks still aired some of the old cartoons. I loved Transformers, as far as the replays went. Saturday morning cartoons were awesome when I was a child. X-Men, Batman and Superman all had excellent animated series. As a matter of fact, I'm working on the Batman animated series and I bought my fiancé Superman: The Animated Series for his birthday last year.

dyanmarie25

I am a 90's kid. :) I grew up watching The Powerpuff Girls, Winx Club, Kim Possible, Totally Spies, and Martin Mystery. I love cartoons that incorporate humor in their storylines. I have also enjoyed watching Justice League.

Bonyi

I grew up watching spider man and superman. No really into cartoon as a child. Watched little from time to time. I don't miss them at all

Cryptoknight

When I was a kid there is a TV program aired on Saturdays it is called the Saturday fun machine it is a four-hour show dedicated to cartoons. The show has Hanna-Barbera cartoons like Yogi bear, Looney Tunes with Bug's Bunny and the gang, the Mighty Thor and the JLA called the Superfriends with Superman and the Justice League of America. The JLA portion is what I love most it is usually a battle against The Legion of Doom.

rainhero

I was born late 80's almost close the 90's, lol. I remember watching shows like Batman, Spiderman, and even though I didn't like it I would watch Max Steele because my siblings liked it. :/ I watched Powerpuff girls sometimes and also Kim Possible. The shows back then were really good!

I watched a lot of Transformers, Kim Possible and Powerpuff girls back in the days. There were more shows like that I enjoyed watching, but those three were the main ones I loved as a small person. I sometimes like to re-watch Kim Possible if I feel like rewinding some good memories and I think it's such a pity they don't show that show anymore to kids nowadays. That really was some high quality cartoon right there.

Vinaya

I watched Superman, Spiderman, Batman and Heman. My favorite was Heman. I cannot say why I preferred Heman when everyone was loving Superman, Spiderman, or Batman. Perhaps that was because of what Freud says "the primitive mind." Perhaps my mind associated Heman as alpha-male. Later my preference changed to Batman.

Kathyo82

I was born in 1982 and I remember watching Mighty Mouse, Thunder Cats, The Flintstones and Jetsons vividly. I wish my kids had quality cartoons like that to grow up on.

morgoodie

Thundercats, HOOOOOO!!! Lol I loved to watch the Thundercats and I used to watch Transformers in the morning before school. I loved watching Saturday morning cartoons with my dad. Good times. I think my favorite cartoon was Scooby-Do and I still like to watch the original. I do not like the remade versions with the different voices.

Theboysmom04

Teenage mutant ninja turtles were brand new when I was little. So of course I watched them. Also watched power rangers, batman, and heeman.

obliviousme

I used to watch spongebob squarepants all the time, actually i still do but not as much as i used to. Spongebob and his antic are hilarious, it never gets old! :p

djole87

First of all, you are as young as it gets. You still love your cartoons so never say you are old :) I am turning 30 next year and not only do I love superheroes but I also watch cartoons and movies all the time. I remember the old Flash. I used to love that guy and now I watch the new Flash of course. Birdman on the Cartoon Network was very appealing to me although that show is probably as old as my parents. Bananaman was another hero that I loved although I see now he was a parody on standard heroes. I liked Batman and Spiderman and although I watched Superman, I never actually liked him, don't know why.

fcuco

I watched Masters of the Universe, by the way I discovered that most episodes were uploaded to YouTube and I decided to give it a look our of nostalgia. Boy, that thing was incredibly cheesy and bad, that cartoon failed to age well. Years later I read that they worked with a shoestring budget basically recycling all the animations. (When He Ma threw a punch they used the exact same shot each and every time). This was obviously a cartoon made to sell toys. The She Ra ones were actually a little better, had more production values..

clair02

My old time favorite was Voltron and Super-woman. Those were my two favorite programs on TV when I was growing up. I also watched Batman, Spiderman and all the rest. I actually found some of my old comics the other day and it brought back many great memories from when I was a kid. If only one could turn back the hands of time...

John Snort

I didn't watch much TV when I was a kid because my parents had something against it. They'd only watch the news and switch off. Read, boy, was what I was told, if I complained or in any way intimated that I was bored. But there was one cartoon which aired when my parents were not home. Hercules it was called. I thought it was the best cartoon ever but considering it's the only one I watched, it had to be the best.