• To log on and post you will need to create an account in the forums even if you already registered on the main Hotness Rater site. These registrations are separate.

Questions

cjones

I just had a few questions about the site:

(1) I noticed that some pictures accumulate lots of votes and others only get a few. At what point to photos stop getting voted on?

(2) Some photos stay "Unrated" for a very long time, is there a reason for this?

(3) Is there a way to browse only non-celebrities? I noticed CelebrityRater, is there an AnonymousRater?

(4) I think these two profiles are the same person, is there a way to flag them to be combined?
https://hotnessrater.com/person/66416/nitda-cee
https://hotnessrater.com/person/66415/nitda-cee

Thanks!

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
1) There are lots of factors that decide what pictures go into the queue. When we build the queue we put pictures that have went the longest without a vote. We also put in the top 100. We make sure every user that uploaded gets some pictures in the queue. If they uploaded a lot of pictures, they won't all end up in the queue. Pictures that win a battle are automatically put back in the queue so they can continue to rise. Users can filter out pictures with multiple people or no face, so these will get less votes. There actually is no point that photos stop getting voted on since one of the triggers that can put a picture in the queue is length of time since it had a vote.

2) Lots of reasons. There are only so many votes to go around and way more pictures. They need to have a certain number of pictures within their range to be listed as rated. Even if there are a lot of votes, if the pictures they were compared against moved out of their range, they might not qualify for marking a picture as ranked. It could just be the pictures haven't made it to the queue often enough to get ranked.

3) Not right now

4) Thanks, I combined them... And yeah, you can report them with the "Report Picture" link under every picture. Just pick "other" and fill in the description

Last edited: