• To log on and post you will need to create an account in the forums even if you already registered on the main Hotness Rater site. These registrations are separate.

Bill Cosby, in Deposition, Said Drugs and Fame Helped Him Seduce Women

missbishi

In all likelihood, they probably did. His money and fame will have attracted women like flies around...well you know how the rest of the saying goes! All in all, it's a typical look back on the trappings of stardom from an older actor.

DanceFan

If they're incapacitated then I don't think "seduce" is the right word to describe his actions. "Enabled" might be a better word, but I feel like his 2005
deposition was pretty telling. Overall, I still would take the numerous testimonies of the victims over Bill Cosby's rendition on how he was just using his
Hollywood charm and drugs to influence women to sleep with him.

Mz.DTL

I was so shocked hearing this on the radio, because I would have never thought. He was like a father figure to many people, young and old. I guess the old saying was right,"Never know what goes behind closed doors", more like cameras.

icekat

I was kind of heartbroken over this! It gives one a strange feeling that nothing is real anymore. I know we get too involved with our idols sometimes, but I would never have suspected that Cosby was even capable of such vile things! I still don't understand why a man that rich, famous and powerful would have to resort to anything unethical/illegal to get girls!

Susan

I was disappointed when I heard this. I was hoping that none of it was true. He was admired greatly and so many people looked up to him. I guess you never really know somebody.

pwarbi

As others have already said, hearing this story break you automatically assumed it must be lies and made up, he'd never do anything like that!

Saddly though, it's turning out to be true so I guess the argument should turn to what makes people like this do it in the first place?

Last edited:

lamanlupa

Bill Cosby is a comic legend, but that doesn't mean he has led a very easy life. With a status like that, money and the things that come with it can at most times overwhelm. He had his share of the trials that come to someone as famous as him. Drugs, alcohol, women and many others, I respect the guy, with all his contributions to the industry but if it was true, I feel saddened and disgusted by it.

Hottt

I like Bill Cosby's hearty laugh and big smile. Not sure I would not have enjoyed his attentions had I been in a position to know him personally. I choose not to point fingers as you never know with life.

AceTy31

He's a douche. Why is he married if he wanted to sleep around? I have no problem with playboys who sleep around. Personally, I don't mess with them. I'm a monogamous woman. But if you need to use bribery, drugs and false means to get someone to sleep with you, you aren't much of a player. I know dudes who could get girls with a smile and honesty about a one-night stand. That's respectable.

thash1979

I used to watch him on TV all the time and would have never thought that this man, that is always trying to hand out a pudding cup, was really doing this behind the scenes. Now, with all these women coming forward, it is just plain gross. And why in the world did it take all these that suffered the wrath of Cosby, so long to come forward? Now every time they report on this on the news, I just see a dirty old man. It is sad at the same time disgusting to think he was drugging these women. And then to have his wife still say she supports him and will stand by his side. I would love to be a fly on the wall in that house when they leave the spotlight each day.

AceTy31

I used to watch him on TV all the time and would have never thought that this man, that is always trying to hand out a pudding cup, was really doing this behind the scenes. Now, with all these women coming forward, it is just plain gross. And why in the world did it take all these that suffered the wrath of Cosby, so long to come forward? Now every time they report on this on the news, I just see a dirty old man. It is sad at the same time disgusting to think he was drugging these women. And then to have his wife still say she supports him and will stand by his side. I would love to be a fly on the wall in that house when they leave the spotlight each day.
I know how you feel. I used to love the Cosby show. I mean, I still love it, it's just harder to watch, knowing that the man giving advice on how to treat women was hurting so many at the same time.

As far as it taking so long to come forward, it's part shame and part credibility. Back when this was happening, people didn't believe the worst from their celebrities, like we do today. Also, as a victim of sexual assault myself, I can say that you feel embarrassed to have "put yourself in that situation". It doesn't help when other people blame you for it, as well. People aren't as sensitive and caring about abuse victims as they would like you to believe. When my cousin attacked me when I was 13, my mother told me to keep it to myself because she didn't want to cause waves with her sister. So, I understand why these women were reluctant.

pwarbi

The trouble is, when it comes to figures like Bill Cosby, people try and make excuses for his actions because he's well loved, well, he used to be anyway, but that shouldn't make a difference.

So he came from nothing and money and fame changed him. He didn't know how to handle it so used the money and fame to do what he did. That's no excuse for me. Many people rise from nothing to make something of their lives but don't use that new found wealth and status to commit the things that Bill Cosby did.

Theboysmom04

I don't know him personally nor was I there when this happened. I'm not trying to victim shame but why are these women just coming forward after all these years?

Celebrity status will make fans do some crazy things. Not excusing Bill's actions but R Kelly peed on a girl. So not saying Bill is telling the truth but come on, the young are influenced easily. I think Bill is a crud ball if all this is true but I think anyone who takes advantage of the opposite sex is a crud ball as well, celebrity or not.

pwarbi

I agree and it doesn't make it any worse just because he's a celebrity. Anybody who does those things, in any walk of life should be treated the same, and while some say that he should be used as an example, I'm not sure if that would make much of a difference anyway.