• To log on and post you will need to create an account in the forums even if you already registered on the main Hotness Rater site. These registrations are separate.

Duplicate Pictures

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
September 7, 2015 - We are running a process that will help reduce the number of duplicate pictures in our system. When duplicates are found we will keep the larger or better quality picture. If you have uploaded the smaller picture, it will still appear in your uploaded pictures list.

El Duderino

I checked Gabriela Salles's photos to make sure I wasn't dealing with doubles and uploaded some new ones. I then bought them. Then I got a message on them that said "Another user has already uploaded this picture or has uploaded a larger version of this picture."

This is not true.

And my points disappeared.

Is the same thing going to happen with the photo of Joanna Lynn-Marie Alfers I uploaded that somebody is calling "Casie Kimball"?

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
The points wouldn't have disappeared. When we combine or delete pictures, if someone owns it, the points are given back to the person that owned it. In this case we did have a bunch of Gabriela Salles's photos in our system, they just were labelled under the wrong person.

I will check on the Joanna Lynn-Marie Alfers picture

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
I just tested it

ravenedslave owned the Joanna Lynn-Marie Alfers picture
Caligirl owned the Casie Kimball picture

I checked their point balances and then combined the pictures. The Joanna Lynn-Marie Alfers picture was bigger so it deleted the Casie Kimball picture and the points that Caligirl had spent on it were refunded to her