• To log on and post you will need to create an account in the forums even if you already registered on the main Hotness Rater site. These registrations are separate.

Tom Cruise and Scientology

DanceFan

This is a question I pose to the women of this forum. Do you think that Tom Cruise's allegiance
to Scientology takes away from his attractiveness? Or do you feel like it has no affect on his appeal
towards women? He has repelled a few women from his marriages. Just wondering what all those
of the female gender feel about the situation. From the outside looking in, I would think that women
would find his strange behavior and personality, shaped by his Scientology beliefs, take away from his appeal.

icekat

I think it definitely detracts from his appeal. He has an arrogance and a strangeness about him. I can't be sure if that's the Scientology, or if he's just full of himself. :D I suspect it's a little of both, but either way, I find it really repulsive. I haven't enjoyed him in films for a long time.

LilAnn

I have refused to listen to him talk about Scientology. I also flip past any article about him, that has any kind of reference to Scientology. Because of this, he is still that very attractive jet pilot, hot greaser, and sexy secret agent. The moment I heard the first syllable of the word "Scientology" Our imaginary affair would have to come to an end.

Susan

I use to think that he was hot back in the day but now i find him a bit odd. I can't even stand to watch him.

Funky_Monkey

His physical appeal has not changed a bit since his Top Gun days up to Mission Impossible. Heck I don't even care about his Scientology, to each his own I say.
Everything about my perspective of him changed when Katie had to leave him allegedly because of how he uses the ways of Scientology to raise his child. I always take the side of the children, sorry Tom!

AceTy31

I never really found him attractive. I didn't think he was unattractive, just kind of there. That was until he started running his mouth. It's not because of Scientology but rather the way he conducts himself. Going after Brooke Shields for using medication that protected her children from her dangerous mental illness was ridiculous. If you want to abstain from medication, fine. Don't attack others.

dyanmarie25

He seems to be a little odd now due to his Scientology affiliations. I don't think he's that attractive anymore. Even Katie Holmes has already given up on him.

thash1979

I remember seeing this special on TV about Scientology. I honestly did not even know this form of religion even existed. I live in Indiana, and we are about 20 years behind on anything trending or cool in the Midwest. I do not think it takes away from his sex appeal at all. Who am I to judge someone by their beliefs or what they think is morally right. I, however, do not agree with any of the ways of life that people who belong to the church of Scientology. I was raised Catholic, and I do not think I am judged on my religion just by my appearance. Tom is handsome, famous, wealthy and can basically do what he wants to do without losing his appeal to women.

aquaticneko

I used to love watching his movies. Since recently I watched the documentary and read numerous stories about people disappearing after contacting David Miscavige. I am a kind of girl that doesnt just look at appearance and this really detracts his appeal for me. I hesitate to even watch anything remotely concerning scientology. Its just a cult... a well known one people try to ignore.

The whole Scientology thing does effect on his attractiveness. Nowadays he gives out a vibe that he's really full of himself, especially now that he has been pretty open about being a part of Scientology. One's character effects on how one looks like - if you have a bad personality, you'll look unappealing at least in my eyes. Kindness and being warm will make you appear handsome in most people's eyes, so I'd say that he lost his handsomeness.

AceTy31

I remember seeing this special on TV about Scientology. I honestly did not even know this form of religion even existed. I live in Indiana, and we are about 20 years behind on anything trending or cool in the Midwest. I do not think it takes away from his sex appeal at all. Who am I to judge someone by their beliefs or what they think is morally right. I, however, do not agree with any of the ways of life that people who belong to the church of Scientology. I was raised Catholic, and I do not think I am judged on my religion just by my appearance. Tom is handsome, famous, wealthy and can basically do what he wants to do without losing his appeal to women.
I'm not judging him on his religion; there are plenty of Scientologists who practice. However, I don't think it's right that he can judge people who take medication and call them bad parents, like what happened with Brooke Shields. My own mother was a bipolar paranoid schizophrenic. She went off of her meds for awhile and it was a terrifying household to be in for a 10-year-old. I have no problem with religions, but when you force them on people, that's it when it is not okay.

Vinaya

I just care about Tom Cruise as an actor. I don't try to judge him by this belief. However, I am always astounded by the fact that how could a world famous guy believe in none sense idea such as Scientology.

Tom Cruise is and will always be attractive, his beliefs are left to him as long as he does not pose as a threat to anyone. People are free to choose the path of religion they feel suits them; only God can judge them.

I am not a big Tom Cruise fan but many of his movies are really good because he has that self-confidence and knows how to act.
However, I have seen him in many interviews and he seems quite arrogant, to be honest.
Of course, if he believes in scientology that is his business and I do not want to judge him because of that,
What striked me most about him was the way he treated Katie Holmes and their daughter during their marriage.
And that kind of made me like him less than before....

I am not a believer in Scientology as I think it is weird. And it has caused me to think less of Tom Cruise. His beliefs caused him to put his marriage to Katie Holmes in jeopardy. I am glad Katie would not allow their child to be raised in this odd and overly strict religion. I believe she showed strength of character in leaving Tom Cruise.

I wouldn't know since I don't believe in scientology, many people do but I don't even know what it's all about. I think it's a fake unproven science. I believe it doesn't really matter if a person I like practices whatever he wants if I really like him then I don't really care. What I really care is how this person behaves and his actions; and of course his looks and how he acts :p