• To log on and post you will need to create an account in the forums even if you already registered on the main Hotness Rater site. These registrations are separate.

Trade your life to be a Celebrity

Does anyone out there feel a bit of envy when you read about celebrities in magazines and how they splash millions on mansions, cars and vacations?
Would you trade your life to be a celebrity?

dyanmarie25

I would surely do. Celebrities make life look easy. They have got everything: money, cars, fame, properties, etc. Who wouldn't be tempted to trade lives with these people, right?

rainhero

No, I don't want to become a celebrity. I would like to have enough money to live comfortably, and the rest I would want to spend helping others who need it. I don't think I would have the same values I grew up with, and the same understanding of humility that I have now if I had just been born into the celebrity lifestyle of carelessly wasting money and doing anything in the media to get attention.

thash1979

I guess this depends on the celebrity. Most of them are in the spotlight too much, being followed and even ran off the road by photographers. I am not sure my boring ol country life would want to trade for this kind of attention. Whoever, having the amount of money they have would be awesome! I would love to walk into a dealership or store and buy what I want, rather than only what I can afford!

Susan

No i would never want to be a celebrity. I really don'the envy them for what they have because it all comes at a cost. They have no privacy. Everywhere they go, everything becomes public. Growing up in it is usually not good either.

I'd be ready to change my life for a celebrity's just like that. I know about the pros and cons about being under a constant radar constantly and after thinking about it for a while, I came to the conclusion that I really could do it. Of course their lives seem to be happy and amazing because of the glamour and money, but we really can't see below the surface. They have it harder than us; being constantly judged, talked about and just stalked. Some people go mental because of the money and the power, so it's a risque game.

sidney

I don't think I would want to be a celebrity, because like what someone said, you get to have no privacy at all, and the media will invent all these sensational and even damaging rumors about you just to get ratings and sell tabloids. I'd rather get rich, but not famous.

Vinaya

I want to live a celebrity life, actually I want to be a celebrity myself. celebrity means well known person and the state of being well-known and much spoken about can be on every field,not just in movies, music and fashion industry. I want to be a celebrated writer. Someone who is constantly followed by people and media.

rainhero

I think the media gives a lot of celebrities a bad name, I mean they literally follow them around and try to find something they've done wrong or at least make it look that way so they can chunk it into the tabloids. I think it would be more frustrating for someone to practically stalk you 24/7.

Ladyferoz

No, I may not be rich as them, but I have genuine friends and love, I am happy and that is all I need. I think I would be really unhappy as a celebrity because I am a sensitive person and do not take well to criticism, I also would not be able to trust others because I will always be thinking that they are using me. As an introvert, it would be hell to have someone follow me all the time. All in all, no I would not like to trade my life.

morgoodie

I do not think I would like being in the spotlight and having every aspect of my life under a microscope for everyone to examine and ridicule. I would not mind having a portion of the money that they get though so that I could not have to worry about money anymore. I am perfectly happy in my life and do not think they have a life that is anymore satisfying than me. I am sure they have a hard time living in peace since they are famous.

GenevB

Depending on many factors, if I could chose the celebrity, the level of fame, the money, then yes. Anyway I never found my life to be boring, I only lacked the money to make it more interesting, I could have a lot of fun with few money, a lot more than a celebrity could ever have, because they are famous and all the cameras are on them, they can never go and do some things having privacy.

hafiz93

There's a lot of pros and cons in being a celebrity. Of course it's nice to be wealthy and famous but if you can't handle the pressure, then you might be very depressed with your life. With fame comes the pressure of being a public figure or a role model to the public. You must also be very careful with your private life. Just because you do it behind closed doors doesn't mean you're safe from any exposure to what you do privately.

There are moments where I do think about how cool it would be to be a celebrity and have all that money.
But then I quickly realize that would not make me happy.
Money alone cannot make you happy. Of course, one thinks it would solve all your financial problems.
Pus, many rich people are not happy with their lives They just want more and more and more....Some of them even have sicknesses, addictions or other issues but we don't see them. If money would really make the happy then how come they have those issues?
Yet, your family and your health should be more important to you.
I rather be poor and smart than rich and dumb.

Yes, I would. There are celebrities who avoid the limelight and protect their families. Yet, they still act and have a career. That is the kind of celebrity I would be. I would be doing something I love and have enough money to keep myself and my family secure.

The only thing I like about celebrities is the amount of money they have, I don't like the fame. I would very much like having all those millions but be anonymous, I like being low profile I don't like people knowing where I am or what I'm doing or even Who I am. So no, I wouldn't trade my life to be a celebrity. I like my life the way it is.

I'm going to have to answer yes and no.
Yes for the money, all the amazing places they have vacations at and being a role-model.
No for the lack of privacy (it's possible though) and haters.

A

artyarson

I wouldn't be opposed to that. However, I would still be working hard even after getting there. You've seen a lot of stories about celebrities who eventually got super broke.

HepCat

I've never given a rip about fame. Fortune is another story. I'm always hip to the greenbacks. So on that score, yes. But being in the spotlight, naw.

You are you, there is nobody like you in the world. Be proud of yourself. There are people that love you and we're all lucky to be alive.

I do sometimes get fleeting moments where I wish I was Thom Yorke though.