• To log on and post you will need to create an account in the forums even if you already registered on the main Hotness Rater site. These registrations are separate.

Want to make some cash by looking at hot babes?

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
We have released a new site that allows you to buy and sell pictures with BabeTrader points, earn more points and then cash them out for real money.

Give it a try BabeTrader.com and let us know what you think in our forums. You can log in with your existing HotnessRater account

Keep in mind this site is still developing and there will be lots of changes over the next few months

Wow, I didn't know this was even a thing. I am going to make my way over to the website and check it out. Even if it is still in development, it's a really neat way to make some extra cash. I already look at pictures of attractive women, so I might as well get something out of it.

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
It wasn't a thing until today :)

It's probably best to get in now while the high volume pics are going cheap. The cool thing about this is your earning potential should grow over time as you play.

El Duderino

I'm in the world of advertising. I love your idea, and I understand clicks-for-cash, but how do we know we get paid. And how?

Elimination

Signed up, but I don't understand it... is there a way to contribute new pictures there or just have to play marketplace?

El Duderino

The whole point of the game is to sell and resell your photos accumulating more and more points each time.
There are plenty to choose from, no need to get attached to a single one.
This is a ridiculously stupid game. You upload some photos, promote them and then come back a few hours later to find that you don't have them anymore and you don't have enough points to get them back. Why go through that effort in the first place? I'll spare you the full economics lesson, but it seems to me the idea should be to create something of value that somebody else would want to buy it from you-- adding new photos to the site and getting it exposure. But you don't have to sell unless you feel the price is right. If you want to just glom, go crazy.

I won't be doing that again. Have fun.

Last edited:

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
This is a ridiculously stupid game. You upload some photos, promote them and then come back a few hours later to find that you don't have them anymore and you don't have enough points to get them back. Why go through that effort in the first place? I'll spare you the full economics lesson, but it seems to me the idea should be to create something of value that somebody else would want to buy it from you-- adding new photos to the site and getting it exposure. But you don't have to sell unless you feel the price is right. If you want to just glom, go crazy.

I won't be doing that again. Have fun.
We are looking at giving the owner the ability to set a selling price. That way, if you don't want to sell it, just set the price at 1,000,000 points

El Duderino

We are looking at giving the owner the ability to set a selling price. That way, if you don't want to sell it, just set the price at 1,000,000 points
That's about the only way I could see this working. Everybody's seen the tired old photos, and you're discouraging new members from loading new ones if they just get snatched up for next-to-nothing by people who have been around for awhile with a lot of points-- and you have no ability to outbid them. There's nothing level about that playing field. And nobody likes to be told in hindsight what they were forced to sell something for. This all would be far more interesting if you could set a "take it or leave it" price on things. This isn't Russia.

A heads up on the ability to set the selling price would have been nice. Most of my photos were raided and all of the decent photos had new selling prices which were too high for me to have a chance at getting them back. Seems like the rich got richer, here.

Also, I can't add any new pages from hotnessrater to StumbleUpon. Whenever I try it doesn't add a page anymore. When I try to manually add a page, I get this message:

Sorry, you can't add any more pages from this site today. Please try again tomorrow

I've received this message three days in a row, without having added any pages from the site.

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
A heads up on the ability to set the selling price would have been nice. Most of my photos were raided and all of the decent photos had new selling prices which were too high for me to have a chance at getting them back. Seems like the rich got richer, here.

Also, I can't add any new pages from hotnessrater to StumbleUpon. Whenever I try it doesn't add a page anymore. When I try to manually add a page, I get this message:

Sorry, you can't add any more pages from this site today. Please try again tomorrow

I've received this message three days in a row, without having added any pages from the site.
I'm not sure if the rich got richer here, it has just kinda locked up those pictures and stopped a lot of the trading... I was afraid that would happen.

I am looking at adding an auction feature where unowned, rated pictures will be highlighted and put up on auction so people can bid on them much like the way they used to. Once the auction period is over, that picture then becomes owned and the owner can set whatever price they want. That way you should be able to get the best of both worlds.

As far as StumbleUpon goes... I'm not sure how they make that decision. They have been letting me add pictures but I add a bunch from different sites and I use their Stumble option to see more.

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
So now that the "Set Your Price" feature has been added, do you guys like it? It has definitely killed the "steal other peoples pictures" part of the game and I am not sure if that is a good thing or not. Pictures don't get bought and sold as much. Before it was a way to set up a fight for a picture... the winner gets the picture, the loser gets the points and moves on to fight for other pictures. I guess the auction side still has that but I was wondering what you think about the ability to lock a picture in by setting the price to something you know nobody is going to pay. Is that a good thing or did it just kill that competitive aspect of the whole thing?

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
Oh and I have been meaning to get filters on the pictures lists and a page to cash out your points, it just hasn't happened yet. It's on the list though. For now, if someone gets the credits to cash out, just contact me and I will manually do it. Hopefully I will have the time to get that page implemented before someone cashes out though

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
Because advertiser rates have went down and since we were banned by StumbleUpon, submitted links aren't getting any hits from them. The submitted links aren't really generating any traffic from sharing...

HotnessRater

Administrator
Staff member
I'm actually thinking about just paying everyone out for what they have now and after that cancelling the whole points for cash thing. It isn't generating any traffic more than I would have normally received since the stumbleupon ban, so there really isn't a point for us anymore. That and the collection of sites cost more to run than they make. It only stays alive because I fund it out of pocket.